Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not to Worry


Darling, thank you so much for your thoughtful telegram. You needn't rush home so soon. Lou seems to be out of the woods.

How do I know? He perks up every time one of those pretty nurses pop into his room. He's all smiles, full of jokes and laughs when they are around just fussing over him.

Last night, he asked me to bring him his dop kit from home, and right before the nurses came in with his shots and what have you, he asked me for his comb to tidy up his hair. Now if those are not signs of his road to recovery, I don't know what are. You know Lou has always been a ladies man!

God love him, he'll never change, but I think this heart attack (mild or not) and what happened afterwards (which could have killed him) may be a wake up call.

Again, you needn't rush home, but I guess you are on your way. I will be at the hospital in the morning and afternoon, and then home for a few hours, and then back until visiting hours are over at 7 PM.

All my love,
Vicki

No comments: