Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thank you, my dear!


Francine, dear,

I thought I told you I was going to stop having birthdays . . . After all, a girl doesn't like being reminded she's a year older!

Despite that fact, you never forget my birthday, do you? No wonder you are such a dear and special friend! So, how can I scold you when you've been so generous!

The Borders gift card was a lovely idea, and it's just what I needed because I had Borders Bucks to use and a coupon in my inbox. Imagine that, Vicki Deveraux on the net! The kids get such a kick out of the old gal knowin' all the lingo!

Darling, you'll never guess what I purchased with the card-- the Buddy Rich CD from his Caesar's Palace engagement in Las Vegas in 1968! Does that sound familiar to you? Remember the getaway I had with Lou, Tina, Les, and Maxine? Remember you had to have that emergency tennis elbow surgery because of your "accident" at the club and you and Jack couldn't come with us? Well, the gang and I went to see Buddy Rich and his band, and this was the concert recorded for the cd! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the cd in the rack. (I also purchased Three Coins in the Fountain on dvd. Right now, I can't take my eyes off Rossano Brazzi!)

Oh what happy memories flooded through me when I put the music on. "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy" was one of Lou's favorite songs, and listening to it brought a tear to my eye. Oh, but they are happy tears. Lou was so good to me, and I know you and Jack adored him so.

We'll have to take one of our notorious road trips so I can play the cd for you and we can reflect on the good ole days. Give my love to Jack and Charlotte and thank them for the birthday wishes. My love to you, always!

Fondly,
Vicki

No comments: