Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm Always on the Go!



Dear Francine,

Des called and asked if we could assist him at the Harbor Bayshore event this weekend. I know, I know, it's so last minute, and that's Des for you. But, he has been good to us in the past (remember the cakes from Shawnie's?) I said I'd give you a ring and find out if you're free. He just needs us to set up, about 1-2 hours on Saturday morning. His assistant broke her leg water skiing and he said to me tonight, "Who other than Francie & Vick could help out in a pinch?"

Call me and let me know by 9 AM tomorrow if you can help Des and his event out. Des said he'd send the car service to pick us up. Isn't he thoughtful! Oh, I forgot to tell you, the event is a charity auction and luncheon for Las Marionatis, the ladies guild at St. Martins of the Sea Hospital.

On another note, Tina called. She'll be in town next weekend and wanted to get together with us. She's off to Hawaii and will be in town to visit with her kids. She's going to stay in our condo on Maui. Did you know that Bobby and Laraine had a baby last week? This will be Tina's fifth grandchild! Her name is Leslie Christina, in remembrance of you know who. Tina was so choked up when she heard the news. Sadly, but happily, I guess, the baby was born on Les and Tina's anniversary. Do you know that Les has been gone for 15 years!

Which reminds me, aren't you and Jack approaching an important anniversary next year? Do the kids have any plans for you two, or have you hinted at anything yet? I thought I saw Jack's car outside Carriage Manor Travel the other day. Oops! Was I supposed to mention that?

I ran into Don and Patti the other day at the butcher's, and they asked about you as well. They are having a big, and I mean big barbecue/corporate function for Don and his partners' clients at the Woodhouse. They are renting out all the grounds! Have you EVER heard of this. Don wanted Jack to get in touch with him about transferring the records over to the G75-98 database, whatever that means! I said, "Honey, you'll have to ask him yourself. I don't know what the hell you're talking about." I guess his clients are switching over to some new system that Jack is in the know about. Do you have any clue about this?

Well, that's all for now. I am turning in for the night. Tomorrow I've got a 9 AM tennis match with Jeannie. It's actually a grudge match, and you know what I mean by that. At noon, it's lunch with Betsy and Clem to talk about redecorating the Shellridge condo on Maui. They will be in Hilo next month and said they wouldn't mind swinging by Wailea to "freshen up" the pad. You've seen Betsy and Clem work their magic on Lou's office and our Lake Arrowhead cabin, right? I thought Tina could fill me in on what needs to be done when she gets back.

Yes, I am going to rent out the condo for the summer. I know, I said never again, but I might as well. My agent said the area is really hot right now, and basically I'm just sitting on the property. The kids don't have the time to go out anymore. I can't foresee going out until the winter or spring anyway. I would never dream of selling it. That location and the amenities, you just don't see that anymore. Boy, Lou got a steal when he bought that place in the early 60's. It was and still is a real gem.

Call me tomorrow about helping Des out. If you're busy, I understand.

Take care,
Vick

No comments: