Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am NOT Surprised!


Dear Francine,

Well, well, well. Just got off the phone with Lois. You would not believe what she witnessed today sitting by the picture window at her kitchen table. I got a play by play as the inevitable was happening.

Here goes:
Jean, as I'm sure you heard passed away this weekend. I am truly sorry for her daughter. She seems like a nice young lady. BUT, she also seems awfully naive and trusting, because as soon as her mother's body was taken to Calder & Sons to be prepared for the viewing, Cookie came in for the kill. That's right, Cookie immediately started to ransack the house.

Lois saw boxes and boxes being carried out by Cookie and Art into a U-haul. Yes, they rented a U-haul to cart away their loot. Lois said Cookie was carrying clothes, Jean's two fur coats, that gorgeous oriental rug Jean's husband brought back after the war, the Reushanheimer paintings, and the antique walnut armoire from her master suite. Lois said Art asked their down the street neighbor, Glenn to help him get the armoire in the U-haul.

Jean's daughter is basically so grief-stricken, she told Cookie and Art they could take anything they wanted. Lorraine (that's the girl's name) said she just wanted the family photo albums and the dining room set. Lois told me not to have too much pity for her because Jean left her the title to the house (which is now worth something like $995,000) and a savings/checking account with over $375,000, so she did well for herself.

I don't know about you, but I'm sickened by Cookie and Art's latest display. I knew deep down in my bones that Cookie's act last weekend was nothing but crocodile tears. Francine, I've had enough of those two. As my dear old mother would say (when she'd get a little soused) "They can all rot in hell, for all I care."

Count me out for the get-together/going away party at the club. Who is hosting this party anyway? I thought Art burned all his bridges at the club when his membership lapsed and his bar/restaurant tab of over $12,000 has yet to be paid. And by the way, what in the hell does Cookie need with two fur coats living in Cathedral City anyway?

Ta ta for now,
Vicki

No comments: