Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Santa Fe Roadtrip Anyone?




Dearest Francine,

Darling, the dust has settled and you managed to keep nice and tidy and above it all, like you have always done in the past! I don't know how and why I seem to get pulled into all the drama. Maybe it's because (between you and me) Lois and Evelyn enjoy stirring up the drama and rattling my cage. Why? Maybe because, frankly, they are missing drama, excitement, and passion in their own lives. There, I said it. Lois and Evelyn need to get a life.

The next time one of them calls, I've got to take the high road and refuse to listen to their gossip, or more so, spread it around. Will you hold me to that?

Now, on to more pleasant things. Tina has invited us out in March to her lovely home in Santa Fe. I will drive. The Caddy needs a tune up and a tire rotation, so I'm taking it into Venrean's next Tuesday. All you need to do is get permission from Jack. Can he live without you for a week? You know the fellas from the club will take good care of him!

Tina has ulterior motives for our trip, actually. Her ladies guild is having a charity ball for the mission and she needs her gals to pitch in.

We will also be working with the children from the nearby reservation. Tina would like me to see if the club, Washington Heights High School and First Imperial Bank could donate typewriters, adding machines, carbon paper, steno pads, and other ancillary stationery supplies so we can teach the girls secretarial skills.

I will be setting up learning labs at the women's club and will need to have three other ladies to lead the tables at the other labs. Darling, do you need to brush up on your shorthand? I can give you a mini lesson at the club after our Tuesday golf game. If you are unable to make it or if Jack can't live without you, I understand. I can make reservations on the Super Chief.

I don't mind flying solo, but it just won't be the same without you, my dear. Remember the last road trip we took and the "incident" at Coyote Falls? As long as I live, and as God is my witness, I will never divulge, forget, experience anything like "that" ever again in my life.

I do need to get back to Tina by the end of this week, so give me a buzz. Again, I will understand if you are unable to go with me. I know my situation with Lou is different than yours with Jack. Since Lou and I aren't married, I can leave at the drop of the hat. Also, Lou is away two-three weeks out of a month on business, and I have the liberty of coming and going as I please, and he does not mind in the least. I think that's also why Lou wanted me to keep working for so long, to keep my little mind occupied. Most of March, Lou will be back east on business. I think if that man could, he'd live in that damn office. That's another letter. I don't want to bore you to tears, darling.

That's all for now, my dear. I hope all went well with Jack's presentation at the lodge. I know how interested he is in politics and speaking on behalf of Senator Aldridge was a great honor. You must be so proud of your handsome, brilliant, and prosperous sweetheart.

Fondly,
Vicki

No comments: