Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Where Have You Been?


The most common question I've heard lately. You should know by now that during the school year I. AM. SWAMPED! During summertime, I. AM. NOT! Therefore, I get or have little or no time to write to you, my dearest Francine.

We continue to chat on the telephone, however. I do enjoy hearing that little giggle in your voice when you speak of Jack and his latest shenanigans or heroic golf games or courtroom battles. The gush of enthusiasm you have found again for your career--- Washington Height's beloved Home Economics teacher--- has renewed you, and I do look forward to seeing you every morning in the teachers' lounge.

Now, down to business. What do you make of Clive and his sudden rush to become engaged to this lady friend of his? I am suspicious.

It has been five weeks since I have seen him at the club, in town, or at the Las Mananitas work parties. He was so fond of our company once upon a time. What gives?

I will call you this weekend as I have a need for your silver tea and coffee set. Yes, I am hosting the bridge tournament in two weeks. Bill and Kathy had to leave town to take care of his mother. She broke her hip, and they are taking care of business at her ladies' boutique in Pallmetto Sands.

Apparently the mother has let her home and business go to seed and Bill and Kathy have to go in and clean house, literally and figuratively. I heard the mother has a drinking problem. It wouldn't surprise me a bit because of Bill, and well, you know.

That is all for now, m'dear. I'll give you a ring later on today.

Ciao!
Vicki

No comments: