Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Ghost and Mrs. Maxwell


Dear Mrs. Maxwell,

Where in the world has Clive been lately? I'm beginning to think he was just a figment of our imagination!

Does he still work at Washington Heights, or has he transferred to Jefferson High (to be closer to his new lady?)

Either way, I have to say I am a bit disappointed, but hey, we always knew he had a propensity for falling hard and fast, right?

Now, regarding tomorrow. I heard all about Marti's request, and I will pitch in to help her. If you can swing by, that would be great. Would Jack mind? If you're not able to lend a hand, just let me know and I will call in some of the other troops. Yes, I know, I have to learn how to say no. I have the bridge tournament on my plate and the last thing I needed to do was to co-host the Las Mananitas Fall Fancy.

Poor Marti, what in the world was she doing riding a unicycle? I bet it has something to do with that nutty son-in-law of hers! I hear a sprained ankle hurts a great deal more than a broken one.

So, what are your weekend plans? Is Jack home yet from his business trip? Hope he brings you back something yummy or expensive or BOTH! You are so good at dropping hints. That is one thing you and Mrs. Maxwell have in common. The subtleties of suggestion. You'll have to show off any little trinkets you get at bridge.

Ta ta for now. See you in the teachers' lounge tomorrow?


Vicki

No comments: