Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia

Domestic Bliss and a Bit of Intrigue in Suburbia
It Doesn't Get any Better Than This!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clever Clive?



Dearest Francine,

What the devil is Clive up to lately? The diversions, the conspicuous absence in the teachers' lounge, and darting out of the teachers' parking lot SECONDS after the day's end school bell rings.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think he has something to HIDE! It's a shame really, to see Clive behave this way. It's almost if a big piece of him (his heart, personality, sense of humor) has gone away. Where to? Oh, about 45 miles south east of Washington Heights. I'd place good money on the bet that he'll transfer to Jefferson High next year.

Enough of Clive, this too shall pass.

On to bigger and better and brighter things. What's this I hear about your former student, Cyndi, I'm not sure her married name? I opened the paper this morning and saw a lovely full page spread featuring her winning Pillsbury bake-off recipe, gorgeous photos in her quaint cottage-like kitchen, and an endearing tribute to you, her favorite former home economics teacher, Mrs.Francine Maxwell! Do tell more about this sweet gal. I'd love to hear more, especially since this story has such a sunny and cheery and positive message about the importance of home economics in the public school system.

When you get a chance, give me a ring tomorrow. Better yet, swing by for a cup of coffee on your way to golf.

Take care,
Vicki

No comments: